Össur and Ottobock are amongst the world’s leading companies in the field of prosthetics and support products. They invest extensively in research and development. Össur was founded in Iceland in 1971 and is based in Reykjavík. Ottobock was founded in Germany in 1919. Both companies have extensive operations all over the world and, through the creation of the Fund, wish to promote the development of high-quality technology used to increase people’s mobility and quality of life.
Board of the Fund
- Þorvaldur Ingvarsson, Chairman of the Board
- Ebba Þóra Hvannberg, Professor of Computer Science
- Kristleifur Kristjánsson, from Össur hf.
- Andreas Goppelt, from Ottobock
- Rögnvaldur Sæmundsson, alternate board member
The University of Iceland Trust Fund, firstname.lastname@example.org.